Staff & Pilots
Meet the team of 45 North Aviation! Each member strives for customer satisfaction and safety.
Michael Terfehr first flew solo on his 16th birthday, and shortly after received his pilots license on his 17th birthday. Currently, Michael has over 12,000 flight hours in many types of aircraft, including a Piper Cub, Bell 407, Cessna 185 Float Plane, Gulfstream IV, Mig 15, Mig 17F, T33 Shooting Star and an L-39 Fighter Jets. Michael also offers over 26 years of aviation experience, aircraft management, part 135 charter, aircraft procurement and sales, and maintenance management.
Mike spends much of his spare time doing aeronautical activities. His number one goal is to provide a wonderful place to work for his employees while providing stellar customer services to his clients.
- Flew corporate jets worldwide for 15 years+
- Provided specialized flight instruction
- Airshow Aerobatic Demonstration Pilot Pilot Mig 17F, T-33, L-39
- Formation FAST Lead Pilot and Instructor
- Airline Transport Pilot Airplane, Seaplane and Helicopter
- Certified Flight Instructor Airplane, Float Plane, Helicopter Mig 15, Mig 17, T33 and L-39 Fighter
Accounting and Office Manager
Debbie is the back bone to the 45 North Aviation system. An extremely talented accountant and office manager, she knows the aviation business inside and out. The organizational skills and experience Debbie has to offer ensures her work is efficient and high quality. During the aquisition of Cherry Capital, Debbie single handedly started two new LLC's and took over 4 others to complete the licensing, accounting, payroll, vendors, and more, to get those companies running. Currently Debbie manages 6 separate business entities flawlessly.
- 15+ years in accounting
Lead Helicopter Mechanic & chief 133 external load | Helicopters
Brian graduated high school in 1984 from Jackson High School in Jackson, Michigan. In the fall of 1984 Brian joined the US Army Aviation Branch where he spent 17 years serving as an Aeroscout and Aircraft Technical Inspector on OH-58 Kiowas, UH-1H Hueys and AH-1 Cobras. Brian was honorably discharged in 2002 and started flying commercially for Silver State Helicopters in Las Vegas, NV that same year. After 6 years with Silver State Brian moved to Addison, TX where he accepted the position of Director of Maintenance and Commercial Pilot for Summit Helicopters. In the fall of 2008 Brian left Summit Helicopters to join Haverfield Aviation as a Field Maintenance Technician working on MD500's. After working 7 years with Haverfield, Brian relocated to Northern Michigan as the Director of Maintenance and Commercial Pilot for TC Helicopters.
- Bell UH-1H helicopter pilot for Hurricane Katrina support operations August 2005
- HU500 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Elizabeth Smart June 2002 - Salt Lake City, UT
- Bell 407 helicopter pilot, search and rescue for Steven Fosset September 2007 - Hawthorne, NV
- UH-1H helicopter pilot in support of Hoover Dam bypass bridge project September 2006 - Boulder City, NV
- Associates Degree in Aviation Technology
- Single engine land airplane with high performance/complex rating
- US Army Master Aviator Crew Wings
Justin Pousho - Chief Pilot
Jason Rapin - Maintenace Service Advisor & Parts Manager
Tom Schmidt - Director of Maintenance
Brian Henley - Lead Technician Helicopter
Coleen Gaydash - Receptionist / Client Services
Debbie LaCross - Accounting and Office Manager
Steve Smith - Helicopter, Fixed Wing, and Float Plane Pilot
Cameron Schneider - Aircraft Detailing Technician & Fixed Wing (Part 91) Pilot
Ryder Boss - Aircraft Detailing Technician & Rotor-Wing (Part 91) Pilot