A & P Mechanic
45 North Aviation is seeking a licensed A & P Mechanic to join our growing Service Center in Traverse City, Michigan. This is a full-time position, benefits-eligible, with a competitive wage.
The mechanic should have a minimum of 2-year experience in General Aviation and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have sufficient experience to obtain a Repairman’s Certificate.
- 2+ years of recent experience in General Aviation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and solid knowledge of aircraft mechanical and electrical system functions and interactions.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations and Inspection Procedures.
- Must be able to pass a DOT-FAA pre-employment drug screening physical.
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
- Ability to read and understand various documents such as 337's, Service Bulletins, AD's, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Efficient in the use of electronic or paper-based manuals and able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Upon installation or removal of any component or assembly, the Mechanic shall verify by physical inspection or markings on the part that the part number and serial number match the associated documentation
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company's Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
- Other Duties as assigned