45 North Aviation is seeking an Avionics Technician to support our Avionics Manager in our growing Service Center in Traverse City, Michigan. This is a full-time position, benefits-eligible, with a competitive wage.
The Avionics technician should have a minimum of 2-year experience in General Aviation and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with Garmin Avionics products is preferred.
- Must have sufficient experience to obtain a Repairman’s Certificate.
- 2+ years of recent experience in General Aviation Avionics
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and solid knowledge of aircraft mechanical and electrical system functions and interactions.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations and Inspection Procedures.
- Must be able to pass a DOT-FAA pre-employment drug screening physical.
- Installation and testing of aircraft electronics equipment and systems, fabrication, termination and testing of avionics system wiring harness, and the disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interior and instrument panels.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams and other installation technical data.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license, possess strong oral and written communication skills, must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to function well and maintain a high level of accuracy under pressure and time constraints and be flexible as needed to accommodate external and internal customer needs.
- Independent problem-solving and excellent listening skills required.
- Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team.