Instrument Airplane Pilot Training
An Instrument Rating is an invaluable addition to your Private Pilot Certificate whether you intend to become a Professional Pilot or remain a Recreational Pilot. The Instrument Rating dramatically improves your flying ability and aeronautical judgement. You will be taught how to fly in fog, clouds and limited visibility. You will also develop the knowledge, skills and judgement required to safely and confidently evaluate adverse weather conditions together while learning to maneuver the helicopter by sole reference to its instrumentation.
- Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Meet physical standards for a third-class medical certificate.
- Possess either a Private Pilot or Commercial Pilot certificate with Airplane category and Single-Engine Land class rating.
- 40 hous of instrument experience, 15 of which must be with an Instrument Instructor.
- 50 hours cross-country PIC
- Pass a written knowledge test (multiple choice questions)
- Pass a practical flight test and oral exam with an FAA Examiner.
Hourly dual instruction rates:
Cessna 172P $155.00 wet/solo
Instructor $60.00 Flight or Ground